Our fourth assignment was to create a calligram in Illustrator using a self portrait. We were to write a four page letter to ourselves that would be from our future selves. Then we were to pick a font and use different tools within illustrator to manipulate the letters to fit the area we were working on. The eyedropper tool was used to get right color of the picture

As you can see, mine is not finished. Even though I put a lot of hours outside of class into this assignment, I underestimated how long it would take. I also out way to much detail into my hat which did not give me enough time to work out the other parts of my portrait. I would like to eventually finish this and my plan is if I have free time over winter break, to get this done so I can add it to my portfolio. I think with what I have done so far, the final product will look really neat. I am not usually one to not get assignments done late, but like I said before, I underestimated myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog